POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Donations to PovRAY ? : Re: Donations to PovRAY ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:12:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Donations to PovRAY ?
From: Ken
Date: 14 Apr 2004 09:56:42
Message: <407d431a@news.povray.org>
"Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <spa### [at] raf256com> wrote in message
> Is there some donation system to support PovRAY (other then buing CDs /
> KeyRings, just donation)?

The POV-Team does not except donations. If you want to donate then we
encourage you to continue buying the CDs and other products as they become
available. There are too many legal complications envolved with accepting cash
donations due to the international nature of the program's developement.

> Will donators (and buyers of CD/KeyRings) be listed somewhere on www (i.e.
> name + company + WWW page)? That IMHO could be an additional argument to
> donate.

That is not likely and I wonder what value it really adds. Having a name on a web
site is small reward in comparison to the satisfaction you get from buying POV-Ray
related merchandise to help support the greatest raytracing program ever developed.